조지 버나드 쇼 (George Bernard Shaw) > 세계적으로 유명한 채식인

본문 바로가기
사이트 내 전체검색

세계적으로 유명한 채식인

작가,예술가,화가 조지 버나드 쇼 (George Bernard Shaw)

본문

아일랜드 극작가, 1925년 노벨 문학상 수상 (1856-1950)

"우리 자신이 곧 살해당한 짐승들의 살아 있는 무덤이거늘,
우리가 어찌 이 지구상에서 어떤 이상적인 상태를 기대할 수 있겠는가?"

"우리 동료 피조물에 대한 가장 나쁜 죄는
그들을 미워하는 것이 아니라, 그들에게 무관심한 것이다.
그것은 비인간적인 태도의 본질이다."

“내 장례식에는 조문객을 태운 마차가 아니라 소와 양과 닭과 작은 이동식 수조에 들어간 살아 있는 물고기들로 줄을 잇기 바란다. 그들 모두가 ‘살아 있는 동포들을 먹기보다는 차라리 죽음을 선택했을 자’에게 경의를 보내며 흰 상장(喪章)을 몸에 달고 있기를 소망한다.”

“The worst sin towards our fellow creatures is not to hate them, but to be indifferent to them. That is the essence of imhumanity.”

"A dinner! How horrible! I am to be made the pretext for killing all those wretched animals and birds, and fish! Thank you for nothing. Now if it were to be a fast instead of a feast; say a solemn three days' abstention from corpses in my honour, I could at least pretend to believe that it was disinterested. Blood sacrifices are not in my line."
- Letter 30 December 1929

On being asked why he was a vegetarian
Oh, come! That boot is on the other leg. Why should you call me to account for eating decently? If I battened on the scorched corpses of animals, you might well ask me why I did that.
- The Vegetarian, 15 January 1898

"While we ourselves are the living graves of murdered beasts, how can we expect any ideal conditions on this earth?"

Copyright © Supreme Master Ching Hai International Association. All rights reserved. .